The Master of Science in Accounting and Fundamental Analysis (MSAFA) program is a specialized and analytically-focused course, with a concentration on the principles of fundamental analysis. It is designed for students that prefer a shorter, more industry-oriented experience than the School’s PhD program.
This degree trains students for careers in investment advisory, M&A, distressed investing/restructuring, equity and credit research, value investing, and consulting.
Applicants who may also be considering MBA or PhD programs are encouraged to carefully review the academic differentials between the offerings to better understand the nature of preparation for post-program career opportunities.
The Career Management Center (CMC) at Columbia Business School works with students to help them build lifelong career management skills, and to effectively leverage the CBS network. The small program size allows the CMC to target job search resources; tailoring these to the experience and specific needs of MS students, including:
- Pre-MS career curriculum, providing students with a head start in career strategy fundamentals
- Practical training, including resume and cover letter development, mock interviews
- One-on-one career coaching
- Access to customized resources in Columbia Business School’s online career management portal, COIN
Students have accepted internship and full-time opportunities in the following areas:
- Asset management firms
- Central banks
- Consulting firms
- Investment/commercial banks
- Policy organizations
- Hedge funds
- Private equity firms
- Real-estate development
- PhD programs